[openbeos] Re: haiku on a dedicated pc

  • From: DarkWyrm <darkwyrm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 18:01:08 -0400

On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 3:39 PM, Dennis d'Entremont
<dennis.dentremont@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So I was wondering what would be the "easiest" way to install Haiku in it's
> current state on a laptop that I have here but do not want to install Ubuntu
> (or some other linux) to build it from scratch.
My initial thought would be to dump the raw image to a flash drive,
boot the target machine from a Zeta CD, mount the image on the flash
disk and copy it over to the hard drive. Alternatively, you could use
an R5 CD and a CDR of the image. The advantage of the second method
would be you could also burn other software onto the CD alongside the
image that you wanted on the disk. My $.02. :-)

--DarkWyrm