[openbeos] Re: haiku kernel + qemu/bochs

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 02:06:48 +0200 CEST

Philipp Schmid <schmidp-lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> i'd like to create some kind of all-in-one package of an haiku kernel
> which boots from harddisk in bochs or qemu. so curious people can
> just
> download on zip file, extract it an try it.
>
> would this be possible with the current state of the kernel?

Yes, it would be.

> is it possible to get a short description on how to get to a hd
> bootable
> haiku kernel with bochs or qemu?

Certainly ;)
But seriously, we would like to have our build system do that.
Unfortunately, the BeOS cache has serious flaws which makes this a
rather adventurous ride.
But since booting right now is pretty boring anyway, I wouldn't mind
too much :)
We also need something to show at BeGeistert ;)

If this will all take too much time, I may even be tempted to write a
small "howto haiku" :)

Bye,
   Axel.