[haiku] Re: haiku Digest V9 #33

  • From: Nicholas Blachford <nicholas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 13:55:56 +0000

Hi,

On 7 Feb 2009, at 07:01, FreeLists Mailing List Manager wrote:

Well, we don't use automated translation. As reactions on- and offlist have shown, we have
an excited community that's eager to contribute. :)

OK, human translation is better.

Also, though I don't have a Tome o' Words I'm allowed to use at work, we do have to use a certain terminology and are forced to use short, bordering on moronic, sentences. I definitely don't want our user guide to become that "inhuman". Ours is a work of love, no
toil. :)

Most of the book is about using a consistent style, the "tome o'words" is really only a short section which tells you which word's should not be used (and tells you want to use in their place).

But I value your input... How's the Icon-O-Matic guide coming along? :)

Not very far I'm afraid, I've been too busy with other things.

--

Nicholas Blachford
nicholas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx