[openbeos] Re: googlefs working in Haiku

  • From: "Ivan Vodopiviz" <merkoth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 08:33:31 -0300

Wow, cool idea! Nice work!

My only question? Is it OK to use Google in the name?

On 1/21/07, François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I saw the GoogleFS commits on cia. Is it enabled in the build

It is installed in the image but not mounted, you have to do it.

> by default? I think it would be potentially confusing for new users
> to see a fake Google hard disk. Although a neat solution, it seems a
> bit hacky - the find box really ought to be aware of whether a file

Not hacky, it's just a volume with a lot of bookmarks.

> search or web search is happening (to prevent things like "modified
> after" searches from going to google). Also isn't "All Drives" the

It currently only accepts a specific query formula including the
bookmark mime type, as the first version would forward queries for
new mail to google too.

> I do like GoogleFS as a concept, but I think it should be something
> that is disabled by default to prevent confusion for new users.

It is, you have to mount it explicitely.

François.

--
BlueSteel | | Merkoth