[haiku] Re: gcc4 hybrid

  • From: Shane Moore <shanem@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 21:14:00 +1100

I have a similar/related question (I think).

Whilst I don't have the luxury (of time), (or patience perhaps) to compile the Haiku Source, I rely upon the 'latest build' that is available to update my working copy once a month or so (because I also have a download quota per month). Having only today read through Michael's account of how he got GCC 4 to compile to work in haiku, I was hoping that on the latest nightly build it would have the development tools of GCC 4 within the set of files included in the image, but it still has the 2.95 versions.

Am I asking too much, or is it too complicated or inappropriate to include the GCC 4 in the nightly build?

Alternatively, is there some way that the compiled version that Michael achieved could be made available for download?

I only ask because there is a few things I wanted to try compiling that require a more modern GCC than version 2.95, but it is by no means a vital thing for me.

Shane