[openbeos] Re: gcc-2.95.3

  • From: Oliver Tappe <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 20:29:16 +0200

On 2004-08-15 at 16:00:45 [+0200], Eric Petit <titer@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Aug 15, 2004, at 0:18, Oliver Tappe wrote:
> > 1) A new test-version of gcc-2.95.3 is available. You can find it here:
> >     http://www.hirschkaefer.de/beos/gcc-2.95.3-zooey-test2.zip
> >
> > I have tested it successfully with quite a set of different projects,
> > but I
> > think I have reached a point where broader testing makes sense.
> > So it'd be great if people interested would test this version and tell
> > me
> > where it fails (or improves upon gnupro >:o).
>
>   I've successfully built a few tools which already worked with
> gcc-991026 (perl/autoconf/libtool/automake/libiconv/gettext).
>   An improvement is that FFmpeg builds fine with MMX/SSE support. It
> used to quite work with Takashi's gcc, but usually segfaulted on a few
> files and had to be run again.

That's good news, thanks >:o)

>   Got an issue building freetype 2.1.7 (it worked with gcc-991026):

[ 8< description of problem with setjmp.h 8< ]

Ok, thanks for reporting this. This was a bug in fixincl, the program gcc
uses to "fix" (cough) system headers. In this case, of course, it was
messing up the BeOS headers for good (as these are fine...).

This can be fixed by replacing
        .../lib/gcc-lib/i586-pc-beos/2.95.3/includelib/i586-pc-beos/setjmp.h
with this corrected version:

        http://www.hirschkaefer.de/beos/setjmp.h

>   Building libebml 0.7.0 fails too (but it never worked with any BeOS
> gcc so far), complaining when including <sstream>:

[ 8< description about missing sstream 8< ]

Ah, yes, sstream is a header that had been introduced with a later version
of libstdc++, so it is missing under BeOS.
But I have just checked and it seems to be working fine with the older
libstdc++. So I will integrate it with the next release.

For the easy fix, please download it from here:

        http://www.hirschkaefer.de/beos/sstream.h

and put it into .../include/g++-2/

cheers,
        Oliver