[openbeos] Re: gcc for BeOS

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 14:28:31 +0200 CEST

"Bruno van Dooren" <bruno_van_dooren@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > AFAIK, the BeOS specific portion in the official sources has
> > stopped to
> > be maintained long before 2.95.3. So simply building gcc won't
> > result
> > in a valid tool (if it doesn't even fail to build).
> if this is the case, then how do you guys perform OpenBeOS builds?
> i thought that BeOS R5 was the development platform of choice, so
> there
> has to be a way to get gcc 2.95.3 to install, or is OpenBeOS built on
> linux?

Although we currently can't build it correctly (which is a pity), we
can download a precompiled package from the old Be days (it's on
BeBits) which contains the whole tool chain and the needed headers,
sample code, etc..
BTW when Zeta is released, they have to make all GCC patches available
anyway, that includes 2.95 and the port of version 3 as well. So I
don't plan to spend any time on working on that end before.

Adios...
   Axel.