[openbeos] Re: gcc 3.x ABI

  • From: "Michael Phipps" <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 23:16:30 -0400

>I'm not sure about what you mean ? ;-) Does the ml "openbeos" is not
>interest about the (future and specs of) tools use by the OS.BOS
>projects ?
>
>;-)

We are really trying to keep this list focused on today. Today's tools and
today's issues.
Always changing, the future is. Back a year ago, everyone thought that we
should go to gcc3.0, for example, because it was a new ABI and certainly it
wouldn't change any time in the near future. ;-)

OTOH, this topic is appropriate for the kernel mailing list, since we (Team
Kernel) could and may well build with something newer than 2.95. Since the
Kernel Kit's API is C and not C++, we can get away with a lot more. And the
extra performance will help everyone. ;-)