[openbeos] Re: gcc 3.x ABI

  • From: "John M. Gabriele" <jandl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 20:19:23 EDT

>> >Hi the list,
>> >

>> >Since the gcc 3.X change its ABI, does it means gcc 3.0 will not be
>> >usable under BeOS R5.
>> >
>> >If this is the case, what need to be done for this version could run
>> > on
>> >BeOS R5.
>> >
>> >We have made some developments under Linux with this compiler and
>> >(binutils 2.13) and would like to port our stuff to BeOS.
>> >
>> >THX in advance.
>> >
>> >Thierry (BeFree)
>> >
>> > [[[and also]]]
>>

>> >Hi, the list,
>> >
>> >Does anyone have infos about persons making or trying to make a port
>> > of
>> >binutils 2.13 and gcc 3 on BeOS (seems it needs mainly to make a
>> > port
>> >of glibc too)
>> >
>> >THX for repons
>> >
>> >Thierry (BeFree)
>> >

>> Both of these messages are off-topic here. :)
>
>I'm not sure about what you mean ? ;-) Does the ml "openbeos" is not
>interest about the (future and specs of) tools use by the OS.BOS
>projects ?
>
>;-)
>
>Thierry (BeFree)

Hi Thierry,

In both of your messages, you specifically asked about gcc on
BeOS. Folks here are of course interested in future tools for OBOS,
but for R1, they've already chosen the tools and are now just trying
to get the work done. I thought you'd be better served by asking
on bedevtalk where folks are more focused on the sorts of things
you're asking about. :)

---j