[openbeos] Re: gcc 3.x ABI

  • From: Scott Mansfield <thephantom@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 17:37:19 -0700

I can probably do this if no one else is interested. I'll have a little free time this weekend between network kit classes that I can work this. Porting it shouldn't be too tough. Validating the port may be, though. :-/

Cheers,
Scott

On Wednesday, Sep 18, 2002, at 16:15 America/Los_Angeles, Michael Phipps wrote:

I am not at all opposed to using 2.95.6 if someone wants to port it.
I think that the newest (final? Did they stop supporting 2.95?) version of
GCC2 is probably a good thing. I do want to hold the line on 3.0, at least
until R1 is done.

I would want to use the latest 2.95 version and try to get the running.
The ABI converter between 2.95 and 3 might even be impossible to do (at
least there might be more than one way to demangle a symbol, so the
linker would need to help).

Anyway, with the "fun" I already had with Be's gcc, I really think we
should switch to something newer, if possible (also MMX/3Dnow! support
would be a nice addition).

But I also think it may make sense to wait with gcc 3 until we have R1
done.

Adios...
  Axel.