[openbeos] Re: gcc 3.3.x or newer

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 18:39:06 +0100 CET

> Hi (sorry to disturb you in the making of Hiku)
>
> Does any one know if gcc 3.3.x or newer can run on beos or Zeta? If
> it
> is, can we run the programs made with it and have some one made a
> binary?
it could be made to run but is useless for now since it would produce
binaries incompatible with current R5 libraries.
Be had a workign gcc3 AFAIK.

> The c++ curse I'm reading knead gcc 3.3.x or newer, have something to
> do
> with that 2.9 is not really ANSI/ISO 1997 standard.

There is no reason to not use gcc2.95 for that.
Except if you do classes in ASM and use mangled symbols using the gcc3
ABI
that you need to link to :D
else it's not a C++ course it's a gcc3 course.

François.