[haiku] freebsd network drivers

  • From: "Karl vom Dorff" <karl@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 12:54:22 -0500

I've compiled a little list that shows FreeBSD's network drivers (from
here<http://www.freebsd.org/releases/7.0R/hardware.html#ETHERNET>)
and how many adapters each driver supports (at the end of the email because
it's a little long)...

In total, I counted 721 adapters covered by 52 drivers. I thought the list
might be useful for devs to target drivers that cover a lot of chipsets, i.e
the FreeBSD 'ed4' driver supports 133 chipsets; almost 20% of all FreeBSD's
network drivers.

Haiku has
ported<http://dev.haiku-os.org/browser/haiku/trunk/src/add-ons/kernel/drivers/network/Jamfile>12/52
of the drivers.

Perhaps some of the drivers that covered a lot of chipsets could be ported
under a new bounty? I noticed ColaCoder ported two of the drivers in less
than two days.

aue4 - 35
axe4 - 7
bce4 - 2