[openbeos] enable BONE poll

  • From: Titus <stitus@xxxxxxx>
  • To: beusertalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 13:58:15 +0200

Hello Beusers,

SD> First, which seems acceptable for me - is position of Tori BeGirl.
SD> Law is Law, IP is IP.
SD> (Despite i'm not sure about real sitution with this beta soft from "lawyers
SD> point of view")

SD> Second group of "arguments" recently was presented by also VERY respectful
in
SD> BeOS community person - "users are lamerz". It reminds me times of Soviet
SD> communists propaganda behind "Iron Curtain". Instead giving us choice and
SD> chance to try and decide ourselves, those soviet leaders/"elite" only
SD> explained, why we don't need some things, "People are stupid,  only we are
SD> able to decide, what is good and what is bad for them".
SD> Yes, i understand it from psychological pont of view - if all have equal
SD> access to all, how we can differ "elite" and "masses"?
SD> Sad, especially if i see that this kind of argumentations appears here
again
SD> and again.

SD> Regards, SD

Hi all...

I have been following this list for quite a while, but rarely posted anything
so far.
I'm watching the Beunited / OBOS /BlueOS effort and i'm willing to risk some of
this
copyright restricted area...
I'm also convinced that people are free to chooe if they will, or not
want to test the BONE beta package...
You know, i read that "nobody" has it and i think this is the way they
are using it...nobody grants the acces to it.
I respect the all aspects that Tori Begirl said, if i proper quote:
"wait till it happens in legal aspect ...don't do nothing foolish till then..."
which means that those people using it are asked do not transfer it to the
others because they where lucky to have it (or maybee not ?)
...well...

I thinking more seriuosly on doing a poll-quiz...

   For those without it:

1. Q: "How many of you people, want to test the BONE package ?"

   A:  Number

   For those tested it:

2. Q: "Deserves BONE such an importance, so you must have it ?"

   A: YES / NO (Why ?)

Maybee someone on this list wants to prepare such a poll page and do
it avaible to the members ?
It will be practical enough to establish a date for gathernig
results...
This is a matter of principles, we must respect people wishes, because
this is the way we evolve.I think everybody will be happy with an BeOS
/ OBOS comunity having the right to choose.
I'm not saying i'm on the way of releasing it to the public i don't
use it, but i know someone who can...he did it before...but now he also
has a principle problem...

Thank you.

--
Best regards,