[openbeos] emulation

  • From: "Todd Thomas" <tthomas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 22:11:08 -0700

I know I haven't posted much. Here is some things was thining while bored at
work today. I think binary compatibility is only important for 2 kits,
Network and Media, my reasoning behind this is until kernel and appserver
gets done for the new os, need a testbed plus a good start to see what is
possible.. needless to say be nice to have an update to everyones favorite
os.. appserver/interface kit as well as many others should be left alone and
reimplemented source compatibility of course for the new os which still
allow to compile thousands of apps already have, I really liked idea of qt
port and using for basis of new appserver and interface kit working on top
of opens many possibilities as well as saves time, I don't know about xfs
does it support attributes and other neat things that bfs does?? and correct
me if wrong when move to newest gcc would break binary compatibility anyways
which is inevitable... the new system should be similar enough that a beos
emulator be easy to implement and allow us to run our favorite apps...

Maybe I am missing the point...