[openbeos] Re: dual processor machines

  • From: "David McPaul" <dmcpaul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 15:14:55 EST (+1000)

Heya,

> just thought id throw my comment in about the newsletter and the
> reference to dual processor systems being cheap -- they always have
been in the US.

> not so in Australia ... in fact, I don't know anyone who has one
> except for businesses running Microsoft SQL Server (and that's P3
Xeons). In fact, every computer store I've been to doesn't sell or
stock dual processor motherboards.

You can get them, you just have to ask.  My first BeOS machine I got
was a dual processor PII-350's.  Was very nice.

When I bought my new machine though I went with an AMD machine and
there was no dual processor boards for it.

But there is now, you will of course pay a premium for a dual machine.
But I think they hold up longer than a single processor machine before
you feel the need to replace them.

Cheers
David

--
Bombeck's Rule of Medicine:
        Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died.