[openbeos] Re: dual processor machines

  • From: "Michael Phipps" <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 01:19:05 -0400

>hi,
>
>just thought id throw my comment in about the newsletter and the reference to
>dual processor systems being cheap -- they always have been in the US.
>
>not so in Australia ... in fact, I don't know anyone who has one except for
>businesses running Microsoft SQL Server (and that's P3 Xeons). In fact, every
>computer store I've been to doesn't sell or stock dual processor motherboards.

Is it just the motherboard that is expensive? That strikes me as strange. Being
much closer to Taiwan, I would think that these things would be cheaper...
That's a bummer.

Of course, on the other hand, rarely are people really in need of more
processor power these days. Unlike when the BeBox was first made...