[openbeos] Re: driver dprintf question

  • From: "Alexander G. M. Smith" <agmsmith@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 14:03:27 -0400 EDT

Axel Dörfler wrote on Fri, 25 Jul 2003 15:50:42 +0200 CEST:
> Yes, that's the general argument to not support things in the kernel -
> i.e. 64-bit multiplications/divisions also fall under this category in
> Linux.
> I rather think that you should always think before doing anything in
> the kernel :)

Another thing I miss in the kernel is date processing.  No time zone stuff or
anything which can give you a string when given the number of microseconds
since 1970.  Makes it hard to display dates in my file system (auto-generated
symbolic links (link name is the date, target is the file with that date) when
an index of dates is viewed as a directory).

- Alex