[openbeos] Re: drive letter vs. mounten

  • From: burton666@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 4 Jul 2003 11:39:33 -0000

>>For newbies who sit the first time on a computer, it is easier to
>>>understand,
>that every drive have its own directory-tree, which is based on  >the
>media-name.
>not more so then that each System has its own device tree.

Exactly. It's just a matter of becaming used to a system. I couldn't stand the
unix mount/unmount concept, but now that I'm using BeOS full time, I think it's
a better solution. Moreover, even windows explorer shows you ONE tree ("my
computer" anyone?), not one for device, maybe because they saw it was easier
for users to understand.

Incontri: amicizie, relazioni, trasgressione
http://incontri.supereva.it/cgi-bin/index.chm?partner=904

messaggio inviato con Freemail by www.superEva.it