[openbeos] Re: donating

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 09:52:28 +0200 CEST

Hi Karl,

"Karl vom Dorff" <haikubounties@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I remember speaking to you when I started this project in April, and
> you
> said a new website was in the works. Almost half a year later and
> there's
> nothing. I really don't know what takes so long, a new website
> shouldn't
> take more than a couple weeks at the most to design and implement.

But don't think anybody from us is happy with this. There was a (way
too long) search for a good CMS that could fulfill our needs, but the
main problem was that there were just too few people (with time) to
push it further faster. We only have so much resources for this kind of
work (even though our work force there has expanded recently as well,
thanks to James Gavin).

> If you want me to be part of the team, give me access to post on
> Haiku and
> add a bounty section to the current site while the new site is in

I'm afraid that's not that easy with our old site.

> developmet, because it will probably be another half a year before it
> sees
> prime time. That way I can post a short paragraph to thank people who
> donated to Haiku on behalf of Haiku myself (in 5 minutes).

The new site just started a few weeks ago, and it has seen major
progress since then; it already contains way more information than the
old site, and allows for many more possibilties.
All that's left is a proper design (contest ongoing), and a different
navigational structure. It won't take us half a year, but any help is
surely appreciated.

Bye,
   Axel.