[openbeos] Re: donating

  • From: "Karl vom Dorff" <haikubounties@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 20:20:16 -0400

I don't know really know what you're talking about, saying that I explode every few weeks. I handled Haikubounties in a professiional manner, and never did 'explode' in public until now, and I think it is with good reason.

I didn't talk to anyone else about this because I shouldn't have to. Michael is the president, and what I communicate with him he should handle himself, and if he doesn't have the time to handle things himself, he can simply 'cc' my email and forward it to the appropriate person to take care of things. That's what the person in charge does... It's as easy as it was clicking on the accept button for transferring the donated funds from Haikubounties to Haiku... really..

Furthermore, writing a short article of a paragraph should take no more than 3 minutes, not 3 weeks. See, I would like to help as a team, but I don't know if I can work with people that take ages to make decisions and then act on them.

I remember speaking to you when I started this project in April, and you said a new website was in the works. Almost half a year later and there's nothing. I really don't know what takes so long, a new website shouldn't take more than a couple weeks at the most to design and implement.

If you want me to be part of the team, give me access to post on Haiku and add a bounty section to the current site while the new site is in developmet, because it will probably be another half a year before it sees prime time. That way I can post a short paragraph to thank people who donated to Haiku on behalf of Haiku myself (in 5 minutes).

Karl

From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [openbeos] Re: donating
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 22:34:38 +0200 CEST

"Karl vom Dorff" <haikubounties@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Oh my god, how often do we have to go over this again?"
> Obviously as long as it takes to see change...

I hope you didn't get me wrong: it's more meant like "why are you doing
this to yourself" instead of "what are you doing here again?" :-)

> It seems we have to nag nag, remind remind and get pissed off to get
> anything done.

No, I think that's just the wrong way to do it. I don't know why
Michael Phipps always fails miserably at communicating with you - it's
not that he wouldn't like you (at least he told us so ;-)), and I also
didn't experience similar failure from Michael yet (sure, everyone does
mistakes now and then, but I usually have the opinion he's the right
man for the job).

It's annoying to see you having to explode every few weeks (or months)
because of this. I mean, you don't *have* to talk to Michael alone, and
then get pissed off publicly, that obviously doesn't impress him (or
us); it obviously doesn't help to improve the situation (how ever sad
that is).

In any way, I thought you wanted to work together with us, as a team?
That's probably the best way to change things.

Bye,
   Axel.

Deck to dock: outfit your cottage in stylish comfort. Check out Sympatico / MSN Shopping for great Cottage Living ideas. http://shopping.sympatico.msn.ca/category/shp/?bCatID=11,ptnrid=176,ptnrdata=081801