[openbeos] Re: device drivers

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 18:35:57 CEST (+0200)

"shatty" <shatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I just joined this club. (sound card driver) And I was trying to
> figure
> out where to check in the documentation for the driver.  First I
> thought, oh, media, of course.  Then I said, no wait, kernel.  Then I
> said, no actually, add-ons, but there's no add-ons folder in the
> documentation dir.  Argghh! :-)  Anyway I went back to media in the

Why not just create a "drivers" directory in /docs/develop? It should
have an audio subdirectory, where you can put those docs.
OTOH media is also not wrong, but perhaps you should put it in a driver
subdirectory there, too. Since the Media Kit defines the driver API for
audio drivers, perhaps it's better placed there. I don't know.

Adios...
   Axel.