[openbeos] Re: device drivers

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 18:34:11 CEST (+0200)

"Jonas Sundstrom" <kirilla@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In which team are the device drivers supposed to be
> worked on, discussed and tested? Just the kernel team,
> or in each team that makes use of device drivers?
>
> If the latter, perhaps it's best to additionally have a device
> driver mailinglist so that all driver-producing devs (so far I'm
> not a member of that elite group) can meet and share their
> expertise?  (and their cries for help find receptive ears.. ´:)

Currently writing device drivers is BeOS compatible, so I don't think
there is a need to provide a special forum for it (there are already
bedevtalk, and a driver programming ML available at BeDrivers.com).
Only if your driver work affect the kernel stuff (like VM needs, or a
new AC97 module, whatever), then you should get in contact with the
kernel team, and may think about subscribing their mailing list.

Adios...
   Axel.