[openbeos] Re: cross building

  • From: "Leon Timmermans" <openbeos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 17:23:17 +0200

DJGPP doesn't output PE, but COFF.
I'm not sure about Cygwin though, Cygwin probably does output PE since it
links against windows dll's.
COFF puts an underscore before the name symbols.
after some searching in the gcc manfile, I found (and tried) out that it has
a option -fno-leading-underscore, so C linking is possible.
(it was the last of all command line options!!!!)
I don't know whether gcc-2 supports this (I currently only have 3.2)
I don't know about C++ name mangling.
I assume that will me the same on ELF and COFF if you use the same gcc
version.