[openbeos] Re: creative design

  • From: "Michael Phipps" <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 23:32:06 -0400

>> [snip]
>> Oh, and, of course, some of the names aren't available as URLs.
>> [snip]
>
>This one seems to be a rather needless stumbling block.
>Is there any *real* reason to avoid, say, Walter, if www.walter.com
>is taken? Suppose you were really in love with the name Walter.
>Wouldn't something like www.walteros.com, www.walter-os.com,
>walteroperatingsystem.com, etc. be acceptable?

Yes. The lack of a "real" URL isn't a complete stumbling block.
It is just one more "issue". One more thing that differentiates names.
One feature on the name feature checklist. ;-)

>In fact, I'd suggest that most folks would just go to google or yahoo and
>search for "Walter". (Hence the rationale for choosing an easily web-searchable
>yet unique name.)

I was thinking about this the other day - I should set google to be my default
page -
I go there more than any other site.