[openbeos] Re: compiling Pe (was Re: "official" source repositories for ArtPaint and Pe?)

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 23:08:33 +0200 CEST

Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > http://pe-editor.berlios.de/
> The BerliOS site at least looks official...

It's the official one, at least it's still maintained and developed
there, and AFAIK the only place of Pe where this happens :-)

> Building trunk on Haiku fails for me though, some Bison issues... It
> seems to ignore the specified header file name form the Jam rule, and
> if I fix the include (.cpp.h -> .hpp) it complains about yywrap.
> Anyone any ideas?

I already made some change so that it recognizes Haiku as build
platform, and made the thing compile - but I didn't yet work around
that issue. Since I only wanted to compile it under Haiku to find out
about why "Command-Tab" doesn't work, I wasn't so persistent, and just
replaced flex/bison with the ones from BeOS - it then worked again.
I doubt that Haiku's flex/bison are older, but obviously things have
changed in the last years on that front -- as usual for Open Source
apps, they didn't seem to have maintained compatibility, or BeOS had a
special version of it :-/
Unfortunately, I then ran into bug #2595, and out of time.

> Would be great if we could get it to compile and eliminate this
> libnetwork-in-R5-compatibility-mode message from serial output.

It's one of the best programmer editors around, so we should definitely
make it compile on Haiku :-)

Bye,
   Axel.