[openbeos] Re: compilation problem with Haiku

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 15:23:02 +0200 CEST

"David McPaul" <dmcpaul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It even boots up under bochs and I end up with a bunch of coloured
> boxes on the screen.  Hmm, aren't you supposed to end up with a
> shell?
>
> I presume it is set up to run a test app or some such?

When using Bochs, you should enable bochs debug output, or it may not
work correctly (at least it takes ages to boot over here, and I
remember it failed in that case, too).
Right now, Haiku is supposed to boot into a full screen shell, although
I wanted to change this soon (and then only do this when safemode was
enabled).

Bye,
   Axel.