[haiku] Re: buildtools: jam endless recursion CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL

  • From: Michael Mounteney <gate03@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 19:33:03 +1000

On Fri, 17 May 2013 11:06:21 +0200
Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hey, at least give us the reason for this failure, so that others may
> benefit from it in the future, and my curiosity is tamed :-)

The problem arose from my messing around with the build system.  I
wanted to have multiple builds from the same source tree, so I had:

$HOME/haiku/buildtools -- Linux buildtool checkout
$HOME/haiku/source -- Haiku source checkout
$HOME/haiku/dickless -- my build 1 hierarchy
$HOME/haiku/HP-laptop -- my build 2 hierarchy etc.

Then each of $HOME/haiku/dickless etc. contain a load of symlinks
to ../source/3rdparty, ../source/headers etc. but what ended up
happening was that ../source/Jamfile included itself, hence unbounded
recursion.

So what I'm doing now is what I think is supposed to be the way it
works:  create $HOME/haiku/dickless etc. empty and
run ../source/configure in it. That's running now.

(OBTW:  dickless because it's a diskless thin client, geddit.  My
theory is that Haiku is 'light' enough to run reasonably on this Atom
N280.  If I could get an X server running I'd switch right now)

Michael.