[haiku] Re: building cross tools

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 21:50:03 -0400

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 9:24 PM, Thomas Stover <cts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That worked! At least for C++ anyway. i586-pc-haiku-gcc was built, but
> there are no include files. Is a C cross compiler possible?

Your C++ compiler should compile C fine.

If you are trying to build 3rd party code using the Haiku
cross-compilers outside the Haiku build environment you may find it
difficult. I would recommend making sure you use the
--include-3rdparty in configure (or if you have already configured
just edit the BuildConfig file in generated/ to turn on that option.)
Then put your code in 3rdparty and build a Jamfile for it (there are
plenty of other examples in the Haiku tree.)

Overall you may need to dig around and get your hands dirty to get
this working. You may want to start with just getting Haiku building
and set up your own image which you can run with VirtualBox. I
recommend reading build/jam/UserBuildConfig.ReadMe for tips on setting
up a custom image build. Once you successfully compile Haiku and get
it running, you know your build environment is sound, then you can
work on porting your code. Though you can always just make an extra
virtual disk with enough space for your 3rd party code and you can
then try to compile it from within Haiku (running in VirtualBox.)

--
Regards,
Ryan