[openbeos] Re: bringing new contributors on board

  • From: "Donovan Schulteis" <deej@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 20:32:40 +0000

BGA:
>While this is fine, we probably have 8567398470986709847 people
>that did that and I don't need to tell you how many of them are
>actually doing anything. Sok, IMHO, this is not the preferred method.

This is the same problem at beunited, past and present - many people
offer up, but then they disappear, never to be heard from again.  That I
will not place 100% of the blame on some of them, as some were not given
any direction - but they could have also taken some initiative too - so
they do get partial blame.  In other instances, we've asked for
specifics, and even went to the point of deadlines when things weren't
delivered, and eventually it always fell back on us (I'm sure Helmar
would even back up that last statement 100% :P ).

That said, beunited has 5 wonderfully active people now and there are an
additional whooping 5 developers working on projects very actively now
as well (plus a few others that have spoken up and we'll see... :)   ).
We are growing, slowly but surely.  :)

e:
>It's the perfect opportunity to help out for someone who is
>not terribly technical, but motivated and available.

We (beunited) currently need web and documentation folks as well - esp.
for projects (GP3, Pe, Flipside, etc project pages, documentation, etc).
 Our website is being massively expanded, and we need people that know
PHP, DBs and portal creation ASAP, as well as people to write up content
for the pages.  Now is the time for non-techie's to speak up - but only
do so if you can offer up at least a few hours a week, and won't
disappear when tasked with something, or even when not specifically
tasked with anything.  :)

The developers are doing all they can - now is the time for others to
join in to take some of the administration off the backs of others
already too stretched - join OBOS or beunited NOW!  :)

Deej
--
Donovan Schulteis
Chairman, Founder