[openbeos] Re: bringing new contributors on board

  • From: "Bruno G. Albuquerque" <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 15:07:57 -0300 (BRT)

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, John M. Gabriele wrote:

> Well, what is the preferred method of contributing to
> the project?
>
> Should the interested party:
>
> - go to the "join" page
>   http://open-beos.sourceforge.net/proj/join.php
>   and answer the questions there in an email to the
>   recruiter Aaron Kavlie,

While this is fine, we probably have 8567398470986709847 people that did
that and I don't need to tell you how many of them are actually doing
anything. Sok, IMHO, this is not the preferred method.

> - or is it better to contact team leads directly?

Yes, but contact then with code at hand. :)

> - Or perhaps is it better to check-out some code, work
>   on it, and submit a patch to the owner of the source
>   file(s) you worked on?

Yep. This will show you really want to help and not only turn to your
friends and say "I am part of OpenBeOS" just to look cool.

-Bruno