[openbeos] bringing new contributors on board

  • From: "John M. Gabriele" <jandl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 13:44:38 EST

Erik Jaesler wrote:
| [snip]
| The only people *assigned* interface kit team tasks
| are interface kit team members. [snip]
| I am currently looking for someone to help out with
| updating the site.  It's the perfect opportunity to
| help out for someone who is not terribly technical,
| but motivated and available.

Well, what is the preferred method of contributing to
the project?

Should the interested party:

- go to the "join" page
  http://open-beos.sourceforge.net/proj/join.php
  and answer the questions there in an email to the
  recruiter Aaron Kavlie,

- or is it better to contact team leads directly?

- Or perhaps is it better to check-out some code, work
  on it, and submit a patch to the owner of the source
  file(s) you worked on?

---j