[openbeos] booting bochs cd-image [OT]

  • From: Fred K Ollinger <follinge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2002 22:07:33 -0400 (EDT)

Busted floppy drive prevents me from booting newos in test computer (other
machine is a server). Is there a way to get the cdrom to boot under bochs
before I burn a real cdrom?

I have a cdrw drive which will boot cdrw's, but I can't even boot a known
working cdrom for openBSD.

Here's the line in my .bochsrc (debian linux):

cdromd: dev=/dev/cdrom, status=inserted

fstab:

/dev/cdrom              /cdrom          iso9660
defaults,ro,user,noauto00

ls -al /dev/cdrom:

lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            8 Dec 13  2001 /dev/cdrom -> /dev/sr0

Anyone have any ideas why test cd does not work? I made disk image all
ready and I'd like to test this disk image under emulation, either as a
working cd-rw or a disk image: obos.iso, either under bochs. Any ideas?

Fred Ollinger (follinge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
CCN sysadmin