[openbeos] Re: binary middle ground

  • From: Zenja Solaja <solaja@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 12:31:07 +1000

Isn't that tying one FS implementation into the kernel? What happens if down
the road you decide to primarily support XFS, or a 128bit filesystem.  For
this specific reason the FS is an addon (with its accompanying module), not
embedded into the kernel.  Remember, BeOS isn't as monolithic as
Linux/Windows.  Fixing/changing an addon is much easier when it isn't tied
to the kernel.  Again, all of this is in the BeBook.

----------------------
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This email is intended only to be read or used by the addressee.
The information contained in this e-mail message may be confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference
with, distribution, disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised
and prohibited. Confidentiality attached to this communication is not waived
or lost by reason of the mistaken delivery to you.

If you have received this message in error, please delete it and notify us
by return e-mail or telephone Aristocrat Technologies Australia Pty Limited
on +61 2 9413 6300.