[openbeos] Re: big kernel move in the repository

  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 22:22:20 +0200 CEST

Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>:

> On Apr 12, 2005 8:53 PM, Mikael Jansson (mailing lists)
> <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > > It definitely is superior - but what in the hell do you mean with
> > > "working moves"?
> > > In Subversion, a move is a combined copy+remove action.
> > >
> > Out of curiosity, is it -exactly- the same thing? And, in that
> > case, is
> > the version info kept in the copy?
>
> It copies the history. But in terms of bandwith and storage room, a
> move is not the same as copy+remove.

Yeah, it's a lazy-copy, like in Perforce. ;)
The reason I'm asking is because I'm looking into what SVN does better
or worse than Perforce, and one of the things I prefer in SVN over
Perforce is that Perforce "kind-of" keeps the history in that you have
to check branches (Perforce's way of doing renames) manually for
history records. Or at least the impression I've got.

--
Mikael Jansson
http://mikael.jansson.be