[openbeos] Re: beide and online be book

  • From: "Jonas Sundstrom" <kirilla@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 10:07:38 +0200 CEST

"David A. Rogers" <darogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When I started dinking around with the beide, I found the menu to do
> interface lookup.  It told me that it was generating the
> documentation and
> after a while opened up a window to choose from a selection of links
> pages on my local hard drive.  The problem is that all the paths were
> wrong.  They contain a directory "cvt" that isn't in the path to the
> actual pages.
>
> I don't know what app generated the pages in the first place, but it
> seems
> like a nice thing to have working.  Advice?

/boot/beos/documentation/CVT/HTML/Be Book
 is simply a link to
/boot/beos/documentation/Be\ Book

I have no idea why.  (*CodeVarriorTocumentation? ö)

The BeBook is part of the dev tools, which was a separate download.
Neither of R5 PE and Pro included the dev tools by default.
(this might be a good thing to spell out in an intro to coding for BeOS
/OBOS)

You should also have
/boot/beos/documentation/Doc\ Bookmarks
which seems to be the keyword database. (reference)

/Jonas Sundström.                       www.kirilla.com

* BeIDE is the offspring of a Metrowerks product called CodeWarrior,
a popular dev IDE for Mac back when BeOS was ported to PowerPC.