[openbeos] Re: bedevtalk digest: August 17, 2001

  • From: "Erik Jakowatz" <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 16:08:14 -0700

>Yes.. imagine that, we're actually discussing the possibility
>of re-implementing the App&InterfaceKit and its 10*? man-years
>of work (count'em).. shiver. But it's the most important part,
>or second most.

Boy, when you put it that way ... =P  Seriously though, it's one thing
to be developing something as you go along, it's another entirely to
reimplement an existing system.  How long did Unix take to become a
mature system?  Considerably longer than it took for Linux to, that's
for sure.  And BeOS is a much smaller system.  It's totally do-able.

Data is not information, and information is not knowledge: knowledge is
not understanding, and understanding is not wisdom.
        - Philip Adams