[openbeos] Re: bdb

  • From: "Scott MacMaster" <zqxh@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 01:33:56 -0400

> > Maybe I'm weird but I prefer the version that comes with BeOS.  I
> > suppose the biggest reason is it displays the value of numeric
> > variables as decimal by default.  This newer displays them in
> > hex by default.
>
> The newer one displays *unsigned* integers as hex by default.  Signed
> integers are still displayed as decimal by default.  I suppose the
thinking
> was that unsigned integers are mainly to be used as bitfields, and some
> people do program that way.

Oh, my program mostly uses unsigned numbers.  The values probably will never
go over 2 billion but I use unsigned because negative values don't make
sense for most of the variables in my program.

I don't understand the bitfield thing.  signed and unsigned both work just
fine for bitfields.  I use signed for that, otherwise I'll be typing an
additional word (unsigned) for the type when it doesn't give me anything.

Scott MacMaster

Introducing NetZero Long Distance