[haiku] bash help needed (was Re: Moving files in SVN)

  • From: Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku General ML <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 19:47:51 +0200

Ryan Leavengood wrote:
>> However, I may have a bash scripting problem that could need a bash wizard.
>> So, if anyone's interested...
>
> In general I'm more of a Ruby guy, but go ahead and post your problem,
> I'm sure someone can help.

OK, here it is:
I realized that translating is much easier when you see the whole page with
images etc.
Therefore, I'd like to make a little zip package for a requested page, containing the CSS, the original English page, the translated page, and all used images, all preserving the file hierarchy of the local SVN tree. Also included will be a diff between the current English revision and the English revision that was used when the translating the page the last time.

Doing this by hand is a bit cumbersome.  :)
A bash script could that. Unfortunately, I don't know enough scripting to tackle such an involved problem. I guess the most challenging is to get the image paths from the HTML. I had a quick google and found some intimidating sed monsters. But to be frank, even without this, I'd be in a bit over my head...

So, if anyone can help, I'd much appreciate that.

Regards,
Humdinger

Deutsche Haiku News @ http://www.haiku-gazette.de