[haiku] bad file extension?

  • From: Mike Leimon <leimon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 22:49:53 -0500

Hello everyone,

I just registered to the haiku mailing list so that I could make a comment
on a more appropriate channel than the forums. Earlier tonight, I downloaded
a copy of the haiku nightly cd image. I just wanted to let you know that I
believe there is a discrepancy with the *.tar.xz images, in that they
actually have the extension .tar.xz.tar . Check it out here...

http://www.haiku-files.org/cd/

I am thinking that the autobuilder script or whatever is just not doing this
correctly, because I don't see the purpose to tar something twice, plus
renaming to remove the last .tar extension does make the file work as
expected. Hopefully, this is helpful and sent to the right location.

-Mike Leimon