[openbeos] Re: app_server Team needs help!

  • From: "Adi Oanca" <e2joseph@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 23:52:48 +0200

From: "Scott MacMaster" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Ingo Weinhold" <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > Just for the slow ones among us (including me): You need an R5 graphics
> card
> > driver that displace the stuff output to it in an R5 BView/BWindow, so
> that
> > the OBOS app server can be tested with a `real' graphics card driver.
> Right?
    Yes. Of course it should be initialized *after* the all real graphic
drivers - but that I don't know how it can be done. Do you? [know how to
load drivers in a certain order?]

> I think I'm even slower.  It was my understanding that a graphic card
> displays stuff to a monitor not an object in memory.
    But a graphic card displays stuff in memory - video memory - and after
that it sends the data in memory to the monitor, 75 per second for a refresh
rate of 75Hz.
    Anyway, displaying something doesn't necessarily involve a monitor, so a
portion onscreen(or in memory) should be just fine.

>  Although, I suppose
> you could use the graphic card to perform in memory renderings.  Is this
> what you're talking about?
    I do not understand...

Adi.