[openbeos] Re: app_server Team needs help!

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 13:11:06 +0100 CET

> >Except the framebuffer geometry is the one defined by the real gfx
> >card, you can't adapt it to suit the requests for resolution change
> > by
> >the app_server under test.
>
> Yeah, that's true.
> /me goes back to lurking mode :P

Btw, I'd use a fake framebuffer for another major reason: safety.
Since it's for testing the app_server, it's likely that it might write
past the end of what it should, and as such can damage a real card (yes
that can happen). Using a fake framebuffer in an area is less dangerous
on that point.
Well, it's not my gfx card, so...

François.