[openbeos] Re: app_server Team needs help!

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:56:51 +0100 CET

> "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > Can't we use something like BDirectWindow for this purpose ? You
> > > get
> > > a framebuffer in a window, afterall...
> > >
> > Except the framebuffer geometry is the one defined by the real gfx
> > card, you can't adapt it to suit the requests for resolution change
> > by
> > the app_server under test.
>
> why not? on a resoution-change request (in the simulated environment)
> the real-environment directwindow
> disconnects, redims, and reconnects (just like it would do on a
> resize). the only prerequisite is that the real-
> environment resolution should be large enough to accomodate the
> possible resolutions requested in the
> simulated environment (or there should be a limit on the possible
> resolutions requestable under the
> simulated envirnement, accomodating for the real-environment
> resolution).

Wrong.
The BDirectWidnow frame does change, but not the framebuffer.
Are you sure you know what that means when we say "BDirectWindow
accesses the framebuffer" ? I means there is not another framebuffer
for that window, it points to the screen. So except by changing the
Screen size and bitdepth you can't do that. Which is also why when
drawing you need to use he screen width and not the window width to go
to the next line.

François.