[openbeos] Re: app_server Team needs help!

  • From: "martin krastev" <blue@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 12:56:52 +0200

"François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Can't we use something like BDirectWindow for this purpose ? You get
> > a framebuffer in a window, afterall...
> >
> Except the framebuffer geometry is the one defined by the real gfx
> card, you can't adapt it to suit the requests for resolution change by
> the app_server under test.

why not? on a resoution-change request (in the simulated environment) the
real-environment directwindow
disconnects, redims, and reconnects (just like it would do on a resize). the
only prerequisite is that the real-
environment resolution should be large enough to accomodate the possible
resolutions requested in the
simulated environment (or there should be a limit on the possible resolutions
requestable under the
simulated envirnement, accomodating for the real-environment resolution).

blu