[openbeos] Re: app localization

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 21:16:43 +0200 CEST

"Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > From the patch I got I'm guessing this kit does simple string X to
> > string Y lookup, which doesn't take into account that string X may
> > have
> > to be translated to differrent Y strings, depending on context. :P
> > Okay, perhaps it's good enough for now?
>
> I don't think Haiku will or should ever support the Zeta locale API,
> if that answers your question. Of course, the eventual translations
> may be reused easily.

Oh, I'm just trying to decide whether or not I think it's worthwhile to
add Zeta localization to the BeOS applications I'm responsible for.
Perhaps somewhat off topic.

I meant good enough in that context, good enough for now,
simple enough not to be too hard to rip out, should Zeta fall
off the earth completely.

/Jonas Sundström.