[openbeos] Re: app localization

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 18:49:01 +0200 CEST

Try http://web.archive.org on yellowtab.com maybe.

> From the patch I got I'm guessing this kit does simple string X to
> string Y lookup, which doesn't take into account that string X may
> have
> to be translated to differrent Y strings, depending on context. :P
> Okay, perhaps it's good enough for now?

First, the localization was app-based, so different apps would get
different namespace for it, with a global one also.
An app could also choose to open a specific l18n file for specific
stuff (or for being used as a replicant).
Then, yes it was based on the english string usually, but you can also
use more symbolic keys instead.

François.