[openbeos] Re: announcing admin meeting summaries

  • From: Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 10:02:10 +0000

> From: Ralf Schülke <teammaui@xxxxxx>
>
> On Wed, 16 May 2007 17:04:51 +0200, Waldemar Kornewald
> <wkornewald@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> > I just want to announce that we'll from now on publish admin meeting
> > summaries on our website. Urias offered to do this task (thank you!).
> >
> > Also, we now manage the admin team's tasks on a publicly viewable page:
> > http://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/Admin%20Tasks
> > Among others, we list tasks which could be done by people who are not
> > part of the admin group (those are more like "find someone who wants
> > to do it", anyway :), so if you want to help please send us a mail. I
> > will try to keep that page as updated as possible. For this reason,
> > it'll replace my private TODO list.
> >
> > I hope this will make the admin team transparent enough for all of you.
> >
> > Bye,
> > Waldemar Kornewald
> >
> THX, looks good, but when the Admin meeting is on irc, why not parst the
> log from the meeting,
> that whas Transparent.

As various members of the team has said, it's good to let the admins discuss
whatever they want without worrying about how it will be perceived. I'm quite
happy for the meeting to be in private, but for Urias to summarise anything
they don't mind being public for the rest of us. Next we'll be asking for a
public tap on Axel's phone ;)

As Jonas said, you really have over delivered with these changes - excellent
stuff.

Simon