[openbeos] Re: accelerant difficulties

  • From: Gabe Yoder <gyoder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 15:27:47 -0500

> using a 2nd card won't always work... as the driver assumes it's the only
> card most of the time.
> Btw, nv looks like the nvidia one, stub is the VGA stub driver (which lives
> in kernel_intel), which accelerant tries to load old app_server addons and
> falls back to polling a virtual 8bpp framebuffer and convert it to 16
> grayscale to put it in banked VGA hw.
> the numeric one is certainly the ATI one. the prefered name is
> %04x_%04x_%02x%02x%02x, the first 2 values being PCI vendor and device id.
>
> About the ATI driver, well, possibly there is a symlink in
> ~/config/add-ons/kernel/drivers/dev/graphics but not the ati driver in
> bin/... else it would get loaded.
> try to check syslog and see if it spits out any info.
> (didn't you remove the driver to get the nvidia board used in place ?)
>
> you'll get a lot of help from a serial hooked PC to get debug infos while
> going to KDL :)
>
> François.

I tried pulling out the nvidia card and Beos was able to use the ati card, so
I guess nothing is wrong with the driver.  I ran my display driver and it was
able to open the device (unlike when I was using 2 cards).  So I guess I'll
have to muddle through using only one card.
I figured out my problem with the accelerant entry point.  It turns out that I
was just being an idiot ;) (stupid mistake with one of my parameters).

  Gabe