[openbeos] accelerant difficulties

  • From: Gabe Yoder <gyoder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 10:22:37 -0500

Lately, I have been working on getting the display driver working for the
actual app_server (no more protos).  I seem to be having some difficulties
with working with the graphics device and the accelerant.  I am using the
BeOS example harness.c as a reference for getting things working.  The main
card in my machine is a geforce 2 MX400, but I also have a pci ati rage 2.
BeOS uses the geforce, and I wish to use the ati for app_server  development.
If I look in /dev/graphics, I see 3 entries (one beginning with nv, one named
stub, and a numeric name).  If I try to open the numeric one (which I presume
is my ati card), it fails to open (i.e. invalid descriptor).  If I try to
open my geforce or stub, I can open the device and I can load the accelerant,
but it fails to find the entry point for the accelerant.  Anybody have any
ideas on what the problem is?   It's kind of frustrating debugging since I
tend to end up in KDL rather frequently (usually while running my driver, but
once it happened while rebuilding).  I am running with Max Edition if that is
of any use.

   Gabe