[openbeos] Re: a new release of gcc-2.95.3 is available

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 20:38:13 +0200 CEST

Good news :)

> you can find the current release here:
>
>       http://dl.hirschkaefer.de/gcc/gcc-2.95.3-beos-041025.zip
>
> These are the main changes as compared to the last release:
>
> - the resulting executables no longer crash the *broken* dynamic
> loader on
>   BONE/Dano/Zeta.
Well, the elf loader in BeOs is quite weak anyway...
What exactly is broken in there ?

> - GLTeapot (and other software using BDirectWindow) is now working
> properly.
I'm not sure I see in what way that's related to gcc...

> - readline is now part of the distribution, since Be distributed it
> as
>   part of their gcc-releases, too (the bundled version is readline-
> 5.0).
Btw, I noted with bash that readline has some issues when it comes
to multibyte char handling (UTF8).
Say you type:
ls Préfé
and hit backspace, of course it only deletes the last byte of
the last char which is a 2-bytes one. Also, the display is
shifted by one char each time.
Do you know if there is a fix for that in recent readline ?
It's not really a bug but it's annoying.

François.