[openbeos] Re: ZipOMatic beta 1

  • From: "Jonas Sundstrom" <kirilla@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 01:51:54 +0200 CEST

Hello François!
> Something that I used in extending the "ToMP3" Tracker addon
> is checking for modifier keys down, to differenciate the call
> via shortcut or menu.
> if called via the menu, I just popup a BPopUpMenu with formats
> to convert to, and if called via hotkey I just use mp3 as default.

So depending on if the Tracker add-on is launched by
Alt-Option or picked off the Add-Ons menu, a different
outcome... (unlike other Tracker add-ons)

I agree it can be nice having a few hidden extras, but
unless you're the programmer who wrote the app,
or a power-user who loves ReadMe's, it's just
a pain having to remember such idiosyncrasies*, IMO.

/Jonas Sundström.              www.kirilla.com

* I have a feeling this word can be misunderstood.
 It means:
- an unusual habit or way of behaving
- an unexpected of unusual feature